This contract is for the venue rental of a studio. Whereas, the Renter desires to temporarily rent, occupy, and make use of one of the studios within the Owner’s venue, located at 6500 Springfield Mall, Springfield, VA 22150, and known as Sunrise Art Studios, and Whereas, the Owner agrees to such rental and use in consideration of certain payments and covenants herein enumerated;
Now, therefore, the parties agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. TIME : The Renter shall have access to and use of the studio for the purpose of hosting the Renter’s event for five hours. Extra hours may be purchased at an additional cost of $100 per hour. Renter will only have access to the space during the hours that are purchased. All décor set up, event and trash removal activities must occur within the purchased time period.
2. PRICE : The Renter shall pay to the Owner the sum of the cost of their venue rental one week before the event. Of this amount, a 50% non-refundable deposit payment is due upon contract signature and receipt of their invoice. When the venue rental agreement is signed below, your invoice will be generated according to your studio and time slot selection. You will receive the invoice via email and it will include a credit or debit card payment option for the payment of the 50% non-refundable deposit. Your deposit payment officially books your event on the calendar. The cost breakout for your particular venue rental will be outlined in your invoice. Venue rental pricing is as follows :
3. FOOD : Food must be provided by a licensed caterer or restaurant. Sunrise Art Studios will not be held liable for any food allergies or outbreaks that occur as a result of the food that you provide your guests. The Renter is responsible for providing all food, desserts, drinks, plates, cups, utensils and food warming devices that are needed to serve guests.
4. STUDIO : If you rent the Airy Studio, it is located in the back of the venue and another class or event may occur in the other studio during the time of your event. If you rent the Horizon Studio or the Full Venue, other classes or events will not occur during the time of your rental. If you intend to have the entire space reserved solely for your guests, you will need to reserve the Horizon Studio or the Full Venue.
5. decorations : Helium (air floating) balloons and confetti are not permitted in the studio. You may bring in air filled balloons and balloon garlands, but, floating balloons are not allowed within the Springfield Town Center or Sunrise Art Studios. All very large décor items must be brought in through the loading dock door. Our staff member will provide directions on how to access the loading dock. Items CANNOT be taped directly to the walls or furniture.
6. TRASH REMOVAL : Renter shall remove all personal property, food, trash and other items that were not present in the venue when Renter took control of it. All trash bags must be taken to the trash dumpster that is located in the mall loading dock. Our staff members can provide directions to the loading dock dumpster from our studio. The studio must be cleared in full by the end of your party time slot. Other events or classes may occur directly after the Renter’s event, therefore, a $150 fee will be incurred if the space is not cleared in full. The last hour of time during your rental must be dedicated to clearing the venue.
7. Music : Music volumes cannot exceed the typical music levels that are maintained within the other stores in the mall.
8. Guest entrance : All guests must enter the mall before the mall closes. The mall closing times varies by the day so you must confirm the closing time for the day of your event on the mall website and plan accordingly. If your guests are not in the mall before the mall closes, Sunrise Art Studios does not have access or keys to open the main mall doors once they are locked for entrance.
9. LIABILITIES : Renter will be liable for any physical damages, legal actions, and/or loss of reputation or business opportunities that Owner may incur as a consequence of the actions of Renter or any of Renter’s guests while Renter is in control of the venue, and shall indemnify and hold harmless the Owner against any and all legal actions which may arise from Renter’s use of the venue.
10. GOVERNMENT MANDATED CLOSINGS : In the event that a government mandated closing occurs in the state of Virginia during the time of the Renter’s event, the Renter will have the option to reschedule their event or cancel it in full. A government mandated closing is the only occasion when the non-refundable deposit can be refunded.
11. CANCELLATIONS : If you need to cancel your reservation, the non-refundable 50% deposit can be used towards a new reservation within one (1) year of the reserved date of the party that was cancelled.